- 144,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
Comprehensive in scope and packed with practical information, Intraoperative MR-Guided Neurosurgery contains detailed coverage of this state-of-the-art technology from the pioneers who developed it. Renowned neurosurgeons and neuroradiologists combine their collective wisdom and experience to demonstrate how MR-guided neuronavigation can be used to view real-time images of a patient's brain during surgery to help remove tumors with greater precision.
The authors provide step-by-step descriptions of how to perform procedures, including advice based on their clinical results. Readers will learn about the advantages and drawbacks of the various MR imaging systems, clinical indications for MR-guidance, anesthesia considerations, safety concerns related to working in a magnetic environment, and much more.
- In-depth coverage of all MR imaging systems helps readers to make informed choices about which technique will best suit their surgical needs
- Guidelines on the most appropriate imaging sequences for the resection of different types of brain tumors
- More than 200 high-quality intraoperative photographs taken during actual procedures to orient readers who want to use MRI in the operating room
- Tips from the experts on safety issues, suitable magnet designs and field strengths, cost and benefit analysis, room design, equipment, and logistics
- Discussion of other forms of technology that have been combined with intraoperative MR-guidance, such as focused ultrasound, neurosurgical robotics, and other promising innovations
This leading-edge text has everything that neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and interventionalists need to know to implement an intraoperative MR-guided neurosurgery program.