Brought to you by Penguin.
Two-time championship-winning and record-breaking racing driver, Jason Plato is a living, breathing example of what you shouldn't do if you want to become a professional racing driver:
· Almost kill Bernie Ecclestone
· Give Prince Charles the finger on the M42
· Choose fags and booze over the gym
· Steal a JCB in Monaco and end up in prison there - twice
· Make enemies with a 6ft 6" rival who is a black belt in everything
Since joining the Williams Touring Car team in 1997 it's no coincidence that he has had more race wins than Lewis Hamilton and Stirling Moss, competed in more races than Jenson Button and set the largest number of fastest laps ever. But it's also no coincidence that he once spent several days in prison in Monaco for stealing a JCB. He's a rule breaker who has had more than his fair share of near-death experiences, drunken escapades and more. Yet he's still racing.
There is nothing sensible, predictable or considered about Jason, but this is how he became a racing legend.