Coffee Break Spanish helps you learn Spanish using our tried and tested method which combines audio, video and text materials in a structured approach.
Based on the hugely popular online course, this study pack offers the video flashcards for lessons 16-20, combining the audio materials with flashcards which allow the learner to see how the words are written. Each lesson comes with several pages of notes, additional vocabulary and bonus listening materials.
Coffee Break Spanish is presented by experienced teacher Mark who is working with learner Kara. You will quickly learn to communicate in Spanish alongside Kara, and by listening to her questions and hearing her mistakes you'll make excellent progress towards your goal of speaking and understanding Spanish.
This study pack covers the following topics:
Lesson 16: ¿Nos trae la cuenta, por favor?
- words or phrases you may hear a waiter or waitress saying; the expressions "tener hambre" and "tener sed" meaning "to be hungry/thirsty"; snacks vocabulary; asking for the bill.
Lesson 17: ¿Tiene una mesa para cuatro?
- asking for a table in a restaurant; asking to see the menu; food vocabulary; the verb "estar".
Lesson 18: Soy alérgico a las nueces
- dealing with dietary requirements; making a positive verb negative; saying you're allergic to something; dealing with problems in a restaurant, e.g. cold food; asking the waiter/waitress to bring you things.
Lesson 19: ¿Qué has aprendido?
- a review of everything covered so far in Coffee Break Spanish.
Lesson 20: Vamos al restaurante
- a series of dialogues recorded in a Spanish restaurant which provide an opportunity for further practice of the language covered so far in the course.
This book is part of a series of sixteen study packs for the full introductory course of Coffee Break Spanish. The study packs are being published from August 2013 onwards.