The plain guide to the clear presentation of written language: punctuation is the ‘nuts and bolts’ of the English language, and here is the ideal everyday companion.
Punctuation has been described as ‘a courtesy designed to help readers understand a story without stumbling’. Included in this essential guide are:
- ‘Ten Golden Rules of Punctuation’ by a Victorian schoolmistress
- how to deal with capitalization, full stops and commas
- mastery of colons, parentheses, dashes, hyphens, questions, exclamations and apostrophes
- the ultimate punctuation test
- witty cartoons by Hunt Emerson
About the author
Graham King was formerly a marketing manager with News International, where he developed an understanding of the need to express oneself with clarity. He subsequently created the bestselling Sunday Times One-Hour-Wordpower Library.