In Don’t F**k It Up: How Founders and Their Successors Can Avoid the Clichés That Inhibit Growth, author and six-time second CEO Les Trachtman offers his expertise on the most effective ways to successfully hand off your company to a worthy successor. He also has advice for those who are inheriting a business and want to take it to the next level, as well as for boards who are dealing with these leadership transitions. In his direct, no-nonsense approach, Les shows readers how seemingly harmless business clichés such as “get it right” and “be careful” can have a detrimental effect on a company’s future by conveying that such imperative ingredients such as risk and innovation are things to now be avoided.
Readers will learn how to:
• Understand the metamorphosis required to transition from great founder to great CEO
• Know when, and if, it’s time to replace yourself
• Pick the right successor
• Prepare yourself and your company for the fragile transition
• Create a successful CEO transition
• Separate yourself from the company
There is likely no one more experienced in founder transitions than Les Trachtman. He has been an innovative and respected successor at six different companies; let his hard-won advice guide you through your transition and toward success.