Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoestring is your passport to having big experiences on a small budget, offering the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimise your budget for an extended continental trip. Hit the streets and free museums of one of the world’s greatest capital cities, London; soak up history and art by day and party by night in Berlin; pick your Greek island for fresh food and golden beaches. All with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Europe on a Shoestring:
• Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Extensive planning tools and budget calculators
• Highlights and one-three month itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
• Colour maps and images throughout
• Over 179 maps for easy navigation
• Covers Great Britain, Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Scandinavia, Russia, the Baltic Coast, Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Belgium, Austria, and more
• Useful features: First Time Europe; Big Adventures, Small Budgets; Off the Beaten Track; Border Crossing; Splurge; and Responsible Travel
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Europe on a shoestring is perfect for budget- and value-conscious travellers taking a big trip, and is packed with amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations.
Looking for suggestions from a wider range of prices for a shorter, multi-country trip? Check out Lonely Planet’s Europe for a comprehensive look at all the continent has to offer.
Want just the highlights? Check out Best of Europe, a photo-rich guide that focuses on the continent’s top experiences.
After only a few of the destinations in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides. These are our most comprehensive titles, designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track. Or check out our photo-rich Best of guides, which focus on the most popular attractions.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, and Korina Miller.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017