Narcissistic Personality Disorder, often mistaken for a too-big ego or inflated self-esteem, is in actuality a severe psychological condition that ruins marriages, social relationships, work environments, and the sufferer's own sense of self. Although perceived as self-confident and arrogant, narcissists are really victims of devastatingly low self-esteem and insecurity. The Everything Guide to Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a comprehensive resource for readers who need guidance, including information on:
• Identifying the symptoms in themselves and their loved ones
• Different types of narcissists
• Living with a narcissistic (one-way) relationship
• Treatment options and methods
• Preventing narcissism in children and young adults
• Recovering from a narcissistic relationship with a parent, spouse, or friend
Complete with an exclusive section on the epidemic of "net narcissism" due to social media, The Everything Guide to Narcissistic Personality Disorder is the complete guide to a misunderstood disorder that impacts millions everyday.