AgGuide - A Practical Handbook
Fertiliser Essentials is a deep dive into the importance of fertiliser management to a successful farming enterprise. Whether your primary business is cropping, grazing, or horticulture... there is something for you. Whether you use manufactured or natural fertilisers... there is something for you. And whether you apply fertilisers using a tractor or a drone... there is something for you. Fertiliser Essentials is the quintessential reference work for fertiliser use in Australia in the early 21st Century. Beautifully designed and extensively referenced, it is a must-read for anyone working or interested in modern agriculture. In full colour and 224 pages.
Originally produced in the mid 1990s, Fertiliser Essentials is the fifth edition of this seminal publication. The fifth edition is divided into four sections:
1. Soils and fertilisers
2. Major elements
3. Micronutrients and natural fertilisers
4. Equipment, precision and calculations
The aims of the book are:
• to give land managers a basic knowledge of the principles of fertiliser use
• to show how these principles can be used in growing crops and pastures. The book covers some horticultural and viticultural topics, but these are not dealt with in detail
• to examine the environmental effects of fertilisers
• to briefly introduce alternatives to traditional fertiliser strategies.