Centre pivots and lateral moves (CPLM) are pressurised irrigation systems that supply water to crops or pastures. They are suitable for a wide range of broadacre farming enterprises, different soil types and undulating terrain.
This book is about:
• the components of centre pivot and linear move irrigation systems
• unique features of CPLM pressurised irrigation systems
• fundamentals of a pressurised irrigation system and their impact on efficiency
• measuring performance of CPLM systems
• pressure and discharge tests on a pressurised irrigation system
• pressure and discharge variations
• how the performance characteristics impact on total water use and crop uniformity
• evaluating the function of an irrigation system.
This book focuses on the water delivery aspects and the key measures of efficiency: Field Application Efficiency, Distribution Uniformity, Average Application Rate and Average Application Depth per Pass.
This publication was produced by Education Delivery, Tocal College.
It supports the following competencies from National Training Package AHC10 Agriculture, Horticulture, Conservation and Land Management: AHCIRG502A – Design irrigation system maintenance and monitoring program
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Safety
Chapter 3 Environmental impacts of irrigation
Chapter 4 Centre pivot and lateral move systems
Chapter 5 Irrigation efficiency
Chapter 6 Key design issues
Chapter 7 Emitters
Chapter 8 Managing CPLM systems