A phonemic awareness (onset and rime) blending program, designed to prepare children for reading.
• Phonemic awareness is strongly associated with early literacy achievement.
• Within this program, the phonemic awareness skill of blending is targeted. Blending represents an immediate precursor to decoding ability.
• The colour card sets form the basis of short explicit instruction sessions.
• The scripted instructions provide clear guidelines on how to effectively teach blending.
• When this program is used in conjunction with screening (within the final page of the booklet) this program forms a significant component in a school’s preventative/early intervention strategy.
Customer ReviewsSee All
This app is very appealing for students to use as the graphics are clear and there is immediate reinforcement. Therapists will find it convenient to use too. It is fabulous to have all of these PLD Literacy and Learning apps in one location.
Differentiation is made easy with resources being so accessible and enabling teachers to move quickly between tasks.