A comprehensive guide to Australian wool growing, published in 2006 and now out of print. This book covers choice of wool -growing enterprises, identifying, customer needs, assessing profitability, establishing breeding objectives, selection and culling, joining management, nutrition, pastures and grazing management, flock health, preparation and sale of the wool clip.
Table of Contents:
1. The Australian wool industry
2. Enterprise choice
3. Who are your customers?
4. Can Merino wool be profitable?
5. Establish your breeding objective
6. Choosing a ram source
7. Selection and culling
8. Ram and ewe management
9. Joining management
10. Nutrition requirements and digestion
11. Wool production from pasture
12. Grazing management
13. Flock health
14. Preparing and selling your wool clip
15. How much is your wool worth?
1. Gross margin templates
2. Glossary of wool processing terms
3. Cost of production template
4. Individual animal management
5. Liveweight and body condition assessment
6. Pasture assessment
7. Fodder budgeting calculation template
8. Predicted daily intake of pasture by ewes
9. Some sheep diseases and their prevention
10. Merino wool clip worksheet
11. Shearing data and clip analysis templates