Practical advice to help parents and kids cope with anxiety!
All kids worry. But chronic worry can turn into frustration when it becomes the focus of your child's life. For some children, anxiety and fear are overwhelming and all-consuming. But with proper care and treatment, these kids can overcome paralyzing anxiety, learn long-term coping skills, and build resiliency. The Everything Parent's Guide to Overcoming Childhood Anxiety can help, with a hopeful outlook and expert advice on:
• Determining the causes and triggers of your child's anxiety.
• Understanding the difference between self-control and self-regulation.
• Finding the right treatments, including complementary approaches like nutrition, integrated therapy, and self-care.
• Educating and working with teachers and school officials.
• Assisting your child to create a confident, promising future.
Best of all, implementing the practices found in this book can help you alter the course of your child's brain activity, changing beta high-frequency (hyperalert, fearful) brain waves to alpha (calming) waves. With this reassuring guide, you can rest easy knowing you have the information and resources you need to help your child feel competent, capable, and healthy.