Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet Best of Ireland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander from village to village along Connemara’s coast, discover music-filled pubs in Galway, or sample the best pint of Guinness you’ve ever had in Dublin – all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Ireland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of Ireland:
• Full-colour images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, food & drink, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Irish way of life
• Easy-to-use colour maps to help you explore
• Covers Dublin, County Wicklow, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Cork, Kerry, Clare, Aran Islands, Galway, Belfast, Antrim Coast, Meath, Louth, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Best of Ireland, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on Ireland’s most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Ireland guide. Looking for a guide focused on an individual city or region? Check out Lonely Planet’s Dublin guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer. Or Pocket Dublin, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Neil Wilson, Isabel Albiston, Fionn Davenport, Damian Harper, Catherine Le Nevez
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017