Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Best of New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Delve into the past in the Ancient Greek, Roman and Egyptian collections of the Metropolitan Museum; walk over the Brooklyn Bridge at dusk, as skyscrapers begin to light up the night; and pick your venue for the hippest pre-show cocktails. All with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of New York City:
• Full-color images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, food, wine, sport, politics
• Covers Lower Manhattan & the Financial District, Soho, Chinatown, East Village, West Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District, Gramercy Park, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Central Park, Harlem, Upper Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Best of New York City, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on New York City’s most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet’s USA guide.
Looking for more extensive city coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s New York City guide. Going for a short break or weekend? Pocket New York City is our handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights, while Make My Day New York City is a uniquely interactive guide that allows you to effortlessly plan your itinerary by flipping, mixing and matching top sights.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, and Regis St Louis.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017