Do you want to experience the open seas... the wind... the air... and the freedom? Do you want to master the art of sailing... but don't know much about it? If so, then you've found the right book!
If you've ever experienced sailing, then you know what it’s like. There simply isn't much like it on Earth. It is just you and your boat with the wind and the waves.
Sailing takes a special type of person to properly do it... And not everyone is cut out for the job. You've got to have your sea legs... and a love for the water. It’s so different from motor boating. Motorboats are fast, but they are loud and smelly. Whereas sail boats are quiet and serene …and not to mention the maritime heritage behind it. When you learn the art of sailing, you are joining the ranks of those few that have learned to tame the winds and the waves.
Sailing is an entirely different experience from motor boating. Just about anyone can operate a motorboat...But it takes real skill to master a sailboat.
How do you position the mast? …In which direction do you turn? How do you prevent a capsize? …These are all things that are required of a sailor.
Sailing is a lifetime hobby and passion. If you don't know how to sail, you're missing out on an incredible opportunity! And it can be so easy to start...There's nothing like sailing on the planet, and anyone can learn how - they just need to know what they're doing. Once you do, you're hooked. You’ll never go back.
In this book, you’ll discover:
- Sailing Basics… Keep your boat upright and enjoying the waves!
- The Parts of a Sail Boat… Feel confident behind the helm and chart a new path.
- Sailing Safety... Know what to do, when to do it, and how to avoid trouble!
- Navigation... Master the open waters with these powerful navigation skills.
- And a lot more!
Why be held back any longer? Turn those desires into real action. It's not hard to sail, you just have to know what you're doing...So why not start today?
This is a complete guide to sailing. Everything you need to know about sailing is in this simple and easy to understand guide. You’ll learn:
- Reading the Wind: Without this crucial knowledge you could be going nowhere fast!
- Emergency Situations: Be prepared for the worst so you can experience the best in confidence
- Captains Log: The importance of a logbook (and why you'll regret not keeping one!)
- Tacking and Gybe: "Do what with the what?..." Learn important keys to operating your boat
- Navigation: Without these pointers you'll be the blind leading the blind
- Seeing Through Fog: You'll be thankful you took the time to learn these keys to navigating foggy situations
- Storing Your Boat for the Winter: If you don't do this, you'll return to a broken, unusable boat in the spring
- Rules of the... Road? Yes, there are rules to sailing, and knowing them will help you avoid a collision
- Your Main Sail: Step-by-step instructions to operating your main engine
- Included Checklists: These checklists will help make sure your sailing adventure is as pleasant as possible
- Hurricane Prep: You may never need to do this, but you'll sure be glad you read this if you do!
- Anchoring Your Boat: If you don't follow these steps, you could go to sleep and wake up in Bermuda!
- Man Overboard! How to keep your passengers from traveling to Davy Jones’ Locker
- Distress Signals: Know you basic SOS, so you don't end up like Gilligan!
- Plus much, MUCH MORE!
This just scratches the surface of what’s in this book. If you've ever been interested in sailing, but didn't know where to start, then this book will get started on the right foot. It contains everything you need to know to start you sailing today!