One of the most important activities in any formal business improvement initiative is the identification, selection and allocation of improvement projects. As the author so correctly points out, most companies are unknowingly limited in their approach and unlikely to realise the potential gains that sit within the organisation.
This book is a comprehensive guide for all managers and leaders on various methods for identifying where the greatest value can be generated by a formal business improvement initiative. Topics covered include:
- Basic approaches to improvement project selection
- Value steam analysis
- Business driver analysis
- Constraint analysis
- Customer related performance analysis
- Top down versus bottom up idea generation
- Prioritising improvement work
- Selling and managing improvement projects
In his usual style, George Lee Sye delivers the content in a fun and extremely easy to read format. He captures your imagination as he guides you through the technical aspects of the topic.
The book provides enormous value to:
- Business improvement leaders
- Line managers and process owners
- Lean Six Sigma practitioners (Black Belts and Green Belts and Master Black Belts)
- Business owners