A Step 1 Green Apple graded reader, retold by Gina D.B. Clemen. A mysterious lodger, strange messages, a secret society and a terrible murder are the elements of a case that Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson have to solve...
This reader uses the "Expansive Reading"approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the
story, this reader contains:
• A biography of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• KET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grade 3)
• Dossiers: Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson, Victorian Writers and Police and Detectives in the 19th Century
• A full recording of the text