Do you have trouble maintaining healthy relationships? Do you feel like your partner is speaking Chinese, while you are speaking French? Do you try in vain to break bad habits? Do you wonder why you seem to make the same mistakes over and over? In Smart Relationships, Joan Chamberlain guides the reader on a tour of themselves.
Joan begins by describing the four basic personality types:
No one can be neatly crammed into a little box, but we all have aspects of these basic personality types. By figuring out which of these personality types are dominant in you, examining your values and beliefs, and learning what type of a thinker you are, you will begin to:
• Understand why you behave as you do.
• Learn to recognize your hidden motives and understand where they come from.
• Learn to stay present to yourself and others.
• Get acquainted with defenses, both yours and other’s.
• Be clear how to handle those defenses.
• Broaden and deepen your understanding of yourself and the ones you love.
• Learn how to love and accept yourself; then, be happy to give that love and acceptance to others.
Joan Chamberlain has been a couples and family therapist for over 30 years, and has helped countless people to know themselves and their loved ones better, enriching their lives and relationships permanently. She breaks down unhealthy beliefs and helps clients to build newer, stronger ones that can provide the framework for a lifetime of personal growth.