“Stunning Digital Photography”, the #1 photography ebook in the world, is now available on iBooks! This book has four things no other book offers:
1) VIDEO TRAINING. About 90 minutes of hands-on video tutorials.
2) 400+ HIGH RESOLUTION, ORIGINAL PICTURES. Detailed example pictures taken by the author in nine countries demonstrate both good and bad technique.
3) HANDS-ON PRACTICES. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
4) NEVER OUTDATED. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that existing owners receive. As new photography trends emerge and new camera equipment and lenses are released, you'll see them described in the book immediately.
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures.
First, beginner photographers will master:
* Buying a camera, lens, flash, tripod, and more
* Shutter speed
* Depth-of-field (blurring the background)
* Natural light
* Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures
* Pet photography
* Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)
* Sunrises and sunsets
* Forests, waterfalls, and rivers
* Night photography
* Raw files
* Macro/close-up photography
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro's secrets for:
* Posing men and women (checklists provided)
* Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater)
* Remotely triggering flashes
* Using bounce flash and flash modifiers
* Using studio lighting on any budget
* Building a temporary or permanent studio at home
* Shooting your first wedding
* High speed photography
* Location scouting/finding the best spots and times
* Planning shoots around the sun and moon
* Star trails (via long exposure and image stacking)
* Light painting
* Eliminating noise
* Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field
* Underwater photography
* Getting close to wildlife
* Using electronic shutter triggers
* Photographing moving cars
* Photographing architecture and real estate
Customer ReviewsSee All
The book is great (already have a copy) but for some reason every time i try and download this verson it fails, both on my ipad and computer. im hoping its just the ibook store.
Excellent book on photography!
A really excellent book. I have read many books on photography going back to the 1970s. This has been the most useful book and the most pleasant to read. I read it from cover to cover. Well done Tony and Chelsea!
Very well written using a combination of text like a traditional book and high quality multimedia for a great interactive experience. I did have to remove material from my IPad to make enough room for the book and it took overnight to download. However it was well worth it. I have read it cover to cover and will continue to reread it as there is so much great information. Thanks so much Tony and Chelsea for sharing your knowledge of photography with others.