Do you want to ace your SATs, write literate papers, and find the perfect language to impress would-be bosses at job interviews? Words You Should Know in High School helps you achieve the success you're looking for--one word at a time.
This easy-to-use book features more than 1,000 essential words that arm you with the vocabulary you need to tackle real-world tasks--from debating current events to writing essays for your college applications. Whether you're an incoming freshman or a graduating senior, inside these engaging and enlightening pages, you'll find sections that help you:
• Understand commonly misused words
• Learn popular definitions used in standardized tests
• Recognize the difference between synonyms and antonyms
• Perfect spelling and grammar usage
• Choose the right word for every special course and circumstance
Written in a spunky style that's never boring, this handy book is your ticket to a new well-spoken you--willing and able to find the right words for every situation, at school, at work, and everywhere else!