- 11,99 €
For new and experienced students, practical guidance in kundalini yoga for happiness, health, and fulfillment
Kundalini is a universal life force within each of us that, once awakened, holds the power to transform every facet of our lives. Kundalini yoga is the art and practice of activating this radiant energy. With Essential Kundalini Yoga, Karena Virginia and Dharm Khalsa present the core principles and practices of this revered tradition in an inviting and accessible guide.
“Kundalini yoga opens joyous space for connecting deeply with the energy states of our being,” write Karena and Dharm, “It brings vital health to the body and opens our consciousness to new potentials of awareness.”
Created for the modern practitioner, this book offers clear, comprehensive instruction in the key insights and practices of kundalini yoga. From philosophy and lifestyle, to working with anatomy and physical asana, to activating our energy bodies, Essential Kundalini Yoga is a uniquely practical and in-depth manual. Highlights include:
• Gorgeous photos illuminating step-by-step instructions
• Detailed instructions, explanations, and illustrations for core kundalini practices—mantra, pranayama, bhanda, asana, kriya, meditation, and more
• Seven traditional kundalini yoga routines, including a pituitary gland series for intuition, yoga for the immune system, and detoxing for radiance
• Understand the science of the practice, including its effects on the glandular system, spine, nervous system, and skeleton
• Meditations, mantras, and yoga poses to activate each of the chakras and bring health to your energetic body
• Remedies for common emotional challenges—dealing with fear, shame, and depression, among others
• Kundalini secrets for getting better sleep, aging gracefully, enhancing fertility, cultivating vitality, and more
Rooted in tradition and infused with a sense of infinite possibility, Essential Kundalini Yoga is a joyful invitation for practitioners of all levels to awaken the vital energy within and receive the gifts that emerge from connecting more deeply with your own potential for creativity, abundance, and joy.
Longtime yoga teachers Virginia and Khalsa team up to provide novices with an inspiring introduction to the kundalini version of the practice, as well as to offer a fresh perspective for seasoned practitioners. The authors explain the system of beliefs behind kundalini yoga, "an ancient, time-tested system of exercises and meditation," and cover the use of asana, breath work (pranayama), meditation, and mantra. The kriyas (seven "classic" exercise sets have been selected for inclusion), meditations, and other aspects of the practice are presented with user-friendly clarity and are accompanied by attractive black and white photos of Virginia demonstrating the poses. Readers will learn the basics of a kundalini yoga session, including the opening Adi Mantra and other mantras, commonly used mudras (gestures), and breathing techniques such as kundalini yoga's signature Breath of Fire. The authors do an excellent job of summarizing kundalini's rise in the U.S. since it was introduced by India-born kundalini yoga master Yogi Bhajan in the l960s, but the emphasis is on engaging the reader to participate and learn through experience. Readers will find this a valuable resource for jump-starting or enhancing their kundalini yoga studies.