- 15,99 €
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips. Follow the Great Barrier Reef along the Capricorn Coast, explore the dramatic landforms and wildlife-rich Kakadu National Park, and surf famous beaches along the Great Ocean Road – with
the 38 amazing road trips in this trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips:
• Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
• Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right routes tailored to your needs and interests
• Get around easily with easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, plus detailed directions
• Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, and Link Your Trip
• Covers Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, the South Coast, Victoria, Queensland, Brisbane, Tasmania, the Outback
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips is perfect for exploring Australia by road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
Planning an Australia trip without a car? Lonely Planet’s Australia is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is packed with popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Looking for an in-depth guide to a specific Australian city or region? Check out Lonely Planet’s Melbourne, Victoria, Tasmania, Sydney and Coastal Queensland guides. Or pick up Pocket Sydney, Pocket Melbourne or Pocket Brisbane & the Gold Coast to discover our smaller guides made for shorter visits or weekend trips.
There’s More in Store for You:
For more road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet’s European Best Trips guides to Europe, Italy, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Germany, Austria & Switzerland, Spain & Portugal or Road Trips guides to Amalfi Coast, Châteaux of the Loire Valley, Grand Tour of Italy, Iceland’s Ring Road, Italian Lakes, Normandy & D-Day Beaches, Provence & Southeast France, and Tuscany.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, and Brett Atkinson, Andrew Bain, Cristian Bonetto, Samantha Forge, Anthony Ham, Paul Harding, Trent Holden, Anna Kaminski, Tatyana Leonov, Virginia Maxwell, Kate Morgan, Charles Rawlings, Andy Symington, Steve Waters.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017