The follow-up to the top-seller ‘How To Kill A Narcissist.’
Narcissism does not only play out in relationships. From the narcissistic family, to friendship, to the workplace, to the spiritual group — narcissistic abuse is systemic.
You have successfully exposed the narcissist and are on the path to recovery. Yet you find that the imprints of narcissistic abuse still weigh you down, and you keep getting drawn toward narcissists. Is it you, or the world around you?
Overcoming narcissism in your life involves two parts:
1. Understanding the origins of narcissism and how it infects the world around you, beginning with the narcissistic family.
2. Finding your place within this abusive ecosystem, venturing out with courage, and undertaking a transformation of your True Self.
Throughout this book, the mythology of the hero’s journey will serve you as a guide. Like the hero in the story, you will leave the familiar behind, venture into the darkness, and conquer the ‘demons’ of your past.
The book is separated into four parts:
I. THE ORIGINS OF SELFHOOD: Learn about the building blocks of the True Self; security, vitality, tenacity, divinity and wisdom. Understand how to arm yourself against narcissistic abuse by unifying and growing these five elements.
II. THE AGE OF NARCISSISM: See the bigger picture of how narcissism descends at all levels; from its psychological roots to its impact on society at large. Explore in detail the roles and dynamics of the narcissistic family and how this blueprint corrupts all manner of social groups. Consciousness of this hidden pathology frees your mind and prepares you for the journey ahead.
III. THE HERO’S JOURNEY: Embark on a modern-day spiritual journey to rescue your wounded inner child and discover the source of your power — the True Self. Here you will reclaim and unite the five fundamental forces of the Self. Meanwhile, you will heal your trauma a layer at a time, purging the damage of narcissistic abuse from the inside out.
The hero’s journey includes eight stages for 'Self' development:
1. Awakening: Explore how duality leaves you vulnerable to brainwashing and put an end to it.
2. Orphanhood: Face and release your abandonment wound. Channel the strength of the Orphan archetype to carry you through the wilderness.
3. Metamorphosis: Use the art of centering to carve through the confusion and pave the way to your True Self, setting you up for transformation.
4. Reclaiming Security: Ground yourself and learn to thrive in the face of uncertainty and fear.
5. Reclaiming Vitality: Unleash spontaneity and evolution by merging with the flow of life and learning to truly see and connect with your Self and others.
6. Reclaiming Tenacity: Welcome tension as an agent for growth, and use it to increase your assertiveness and capacity to set boundaries.
7. Reclaiming Divinity: Learn to validate yourself from within rather than seeking outside approval, and unleashing the fullness of your energy onto the world.
8. Reclaiming Wisdom: Tap into the vast intelligence inside by embracing shame as an ally, using it for maturity, understanding and insight.
IV. THE RETURN: Having sufficiently developed the True Self, you awaken into wholeness. The tyranny of narcissism collapses, and you look ahead with hope to an empowered, actualised way of life. Meaning and purpose now come from within, and you begin to contribute your newly found gifts to the world around you.
By helping you grow the inherent forces of the Self, ‘How To Bury A Narcissist’ opens you to an unimaginable state of power. This profound shift transforms the narcissist’s influence from a deadly storm into a harmless breeze, allowing you to finally come home and become who you were born to be.
This is the art of burying a narcissist.