HOW TO BECOME A TACTICAL URBANIST
• Find something that’s missing in your community.
• Create a group of people who want to work to improve their community.
• Check out other community organizations that might be running tactical urbanism projects in your area.
• Find out who controls the space. Private property is usually off limitis unless the owner has given permission.
• Locate blank walls, underutilized green areas, abandoned lots or any other neglected spaces.
• Look for materials in thrift stores, from neighbours, from volunteers or things that have been left on the street.
• Determine whether your project is improving the space, filling a need, or reimagining the use of a space.
• Set the scale or scope of the project. Will it be in one location or a repeated project in many locations?
• Create a volunteer base to pull from general or specific projects