- R$ 32,90
Descrição da editora
Some say leaders are individuals who get people to do what they want them to do, while others say leaders are those who are perceived by others as powerful and influential. Still others say that leaders are simply born to lead. Regardless of the definition, however, it is undeniable that leadership plays an important role in society.
In Leadership for Adolescents, author Dr. Carolyn M. Anderson offers a seven-step guide to help teenagers understand the role of a leader and to teach them the skills needed for a leadership position. Detailing key characteristics, she discusses the I-in-leader theme-developing a basic understanding of self and of the leadership skills, competencies, and characteristics one already possesses. She also explores
- essential verbal and nonverbal communication skills;
- decision-making in small groups;
- conflict, what it means, and how it can be managed;
- the need for integrity and the importance of an ethical approach to living and leading; and
- the importance of continuous learning.
The process of assuming a leadership role entails learning, experiencing, and continuous growth in skill building. Including discussion exercises to reinforce learning, the book provides a foundation that can help teens navigate their academic career and eventual career path.