Descrição da editora
NOT YOUR TYPICAL ENTERTAINING GUIDE
Who better than Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants to create the book on pampering guests? The Kimpton Lifestyle Series reflects the spirit of the company’s focus for 2013 – “What We Do Best.” And in coming months, this unique “enhanced eBook” will be released in serial form, chapter by chapter, culminating in its availability as a whole from this bookstore as an exclusive offering to Kimpton’s InTouch members. An interactive lifestyle cookbook? Kimpton is leading the way once again.
A small army of Kimpton’s best—from chefs, stylists, the mixologist, and the sommelier—helped to create a selection of fourteen events, large and small, that are gift-wrapped as individual chapters, lavishly photographed and nicely outlined for the home entertainer to follow step-by-step, or switch up to make the party unique. Further, readers will find tips on stemware selection, home bar basics, parting gifts, and more. A section on home party considerations answers those FAQs that often arise.
Special innovations in this book allow readers of The Kimpton Lifestyle Series editions to click on an image to launch a demonstration video: watch Master Mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout at work behind the bar or Chef Elise Wiggins prepare a leg of lamb for roasting. More than a cookbook, this is a rich multi-media experience.
Chapters will be released every few weeks beginning now, when hosts are welcoming friends and family into their homes all over the country. It’s “The Welcoming Season,” and the first chapter is filled with warmth and excitement, a sumptuous menu of food and beverages, and fun decorating ideas. What’s ahead?
• December – The Welcoming Season: How to Make it Holiday to Remember
• January – The Big Game: Drinks, Edibles and a Bit of Friendly Rivalry
• February – Just the Two of Us: Kindling (or Rekindling) the Fire
• February – Awards Party: When Oscar, Emmy, or Grammy are on the Guest List
• March – Potlucks and Playlists: Bring Your Favorite Wine, Spirits, Dish, or Tunes
• April – The Aperitivo Hour: Cocktails for 2 . . or 10 . . . or 20
• May - Relishing the View: Invitation to an Urban Picnic
• June – Party Animal: Pet Parties for the “Wild Bunch”
• July – Grills Galore: A Sizzling Celebration
• August – Dining Alfresco: The Outdoors is Your Dining Room
• September – Cause for Celebration: Gatherings that Give Back
• September – Be Our Guest: Thoughtful Ways to Appoint Your Guest Room
• October – Reds and Whites: A Wine Tasting Affair with Emily Wines
• November – Casual Sundays: Lingering over Brunch
• December – The Welcoming Season 2: Style, Flavor, Fun Holiday Celebration
This richly illustrated lifestyle cookbook has all the ingredients for success.