A Practical Guide to Turfgrass Fungicides is a current and comprehensive resource that addresses fungicides used specifically for turf disease control. It is a valuable reference for information on fungicide movement in turf, fungicide mode of action, strategies for dealing with the threat of fungicide resistance, environmental and maintenance factors that influence fungicide performance, approaches to scheduling fungicide sprays, and practices for integrating chemical and nonchemical options for individual turf diseases, among other topics.
This is the first book written in practical terms for turf managers and students that describes how and why fungicides work (and sometimes do not work). It addresses all the factors that contribute to the effective and efficient use of fungicides specifically for controlling diseases on turf. It provides turf managers with a strong foundation of information on the nature of these essential management tools, enabling them to make decisions from an informed perspective and providing background for effective communication of disease control issues with both administrators and the golfing public.
Delivers Proven Strategies for Turf Fungicide Management
• Provides turf managers with a sound understanding of how and why fungicides work by explaining how they move within the plant (phytomobility) and how they stop fungal growth (mode of action)
• Explains how to integrate disease control chemicals with essential management practices and shows how a variety of plant, pathogen, and environmental factors can influence fungicide performance
• Describes different approaches to scheduling fungicide applications based on damage thresholds, days between sprays, and environmental conditions, explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each approach and enabling development of effective strategies and tactics for disease control
• Supplies a single source for accurate, current descriptions and control recommendations for more than two dozen damaging turf diseases caused by fungi
• Separates anecdotal fungicide selection information from valid research results and explains how to interpret research reports using examples describing the effectiveness of fungicide products