Giving good presentations is not just common sense. Cognitive neuroscientist Stephen M. Kosslyn shows how to make presentations work better based on how our brains work. Where many books focus on how to create a first draft, Better PowerPoint gives you quick steps to improve one you already have.
· 8 key rules that are easy to remember and use
· Clear principles about how to design effective slides based on well-established scientific data
· Quick steps to sharpen and strengthen your presentation
· Easy-to-use checklists guide you through each aspect of your presentation
· Chapters are structured to help you prioritize the most effective edits
· Memorable examples and illustrations to show what works, and what doesn't
· Lessons in what to fix can also help you create better first drafts faster.
If you have a PowerPoint presentation that is not giving you the results you want, take advantage of what scientific research can tell you about how your audience is seeing and thinking about what you have to say.