The Complete Lifecycle Care Guide has all the answers you may need when researching this charming feline. Learn everything about this adorable cat (from bringing your kitten home up to caring for your aging cat) and make an educated decision on whether this cute feline will be the best choice for you and your family. If you are already the happy owner of this adorable breed, you will find all the information you need to take great care of your furry friend.
Author Alex Warrington, Ph.D. is an experienced researcher, writer and a passionate cat owner. He has shared most of his life with his animal friends and finds great pleasure and satisfaction in sharing his knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm through his informative pet books.
Co-author Asia Moore is an animal lover, groomer, professional Felinologist, Cynologist, Dog Whisperer and experienced author. She has written several hundred pet books, rescued many homeless cats in Canada and the United States, re-integrated feral cats into society and lived with many different feline and canine friends during her lifetime.
This book is written in easy-to-grasp everyday language and will give you an in-depth look at the following subjects:
- What is a British Shorthair Cat
- British Shorthair Facts & Statistics
- British Shorthair Personality
- Before You Buy a British Shorthair Cat
- Breeders and How to Choose One
- Price & Costs of Being a Cat Guardian
- Kitten Proofing Your Home
- First Weeks with Your Kitten
- Meowing and Tail Twitching
- Health Concerns
- Daily Feeding & Care
- Medical Care & Safety
- Cat Grooming
- Socializing Your Cat
- Training Your Cat
- The Unruly Adolescent
- Foods & Plants Toxic to Cats
- Caring for Your Aging Companion
- British Shorthair Adoption