This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
This travel guide also features an itinerary with our suggestions for your travel route. Itineraries include links to individual attraction articles.
NEW FEATURE: Many attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
Essentials: Phrasebook | Eat | Drink | Contact | Sleep | Stay safe | Units Conversion
1. General: History | Climate | Economy | Pollution
2. Maps: Egypt | Abusir Necropolis | Saqqara | Giza Pyramid Complex | Cairo | Districts | Citadel | Metro | Islamic Cairo | Old Cairo
3. Transport: Get in | Get around | Metro | Airport | Rail
4. Attractions: Top Attractions | Itinerary | Do | Buy
5. Culture: Museums | Theaters | Education | Sports | Respect
6. Landmarks: See | Buildings & Structures | City of the dead | Qalawun complex
7. Giza: Get in | Eat | Drink | See & Do | Giza Necropolis | Stay Safe
8. By Area: Geography | Districts | Muizz Street | Nile River | Delta | Get out
9. Ancient Egypt Civilization: History | Culture | Religion | Architecture | Art | Language | Pyramids
10. Egypt: History | Regions & Cities | Climate | Holidays | Get in | Get around | Contact | Cope