This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
With this travel guide you can turn some eReaders into audio guides. For example, on the Kindle, just open an article and click Shift+SYM to activate text-to-speech. Put the speaker on the back of the Kindle against your ear and enjoy your virtual travel companion. Press Spacebar to pause/resume text-to-speech.
All travel guides in the Mobi Travel series are only $4.99 or less. Search for any title: enter mobi (short for MobileReference) and a keyword; for example: mobi Paris.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Essentials: Phrasebook | Units Conversion | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe | Driving in Mexico
2. Introduction to Mexico: History | Geography and Climate | Regions | See | Visa Requirements | Get around | Talk | Money
3. Maps: Cancun | Yucatán Peninsula | Mayan Riviera | Mexico | Regions | States | Major Volcanoes
4. Cancun: Climate | City layout | History | Get in | Get around | See | Do | Get out | Isla Mujeres
5. Cozumel: Geography | History | Get in | Get around | See | Do | Get out
6. Mayan Riviera: Puerto Morelos | Playa del Carmen | Xcaret | Akumal | Tulum
7. Colonial Towns: Valladolid | Mérida | Campeche | Ticul | Acanceh | Tizimín | Izamal
8. Chichén Itzá: History | Archaeological investigations | Get in | Get around | Site description | Map | Caves of Balankanche
9. Yucatán Peninsula: Top 10 | Cities | Main Attractions | Archeological sites | Amusement Parks | Geology | Climate | Get in | Get around | Stay safe
Customer ReviewsSee All