NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • In this completely revised and updated edition, neuropsychiatrist Dr. Daniel Amen includes effective "brain prescriptions" that can help heal your brain and change your life.
“Perfection in combining leading-edge brain science technology with a proven, user-friendly, definitive, and actionable road map to safeguard and enhance brain health and functionality.”—David Perlmutter, M.D., New York Times bestselling author of Grain Brain
In Change Your Brain, Change Your Life, renowned neuropsychiatrist Daniel Amen, M.D., includes new, cutting-edge research gleaned from more than 100,000 SPECT brain scans over the last quarter century and scientific evidence that your anxiety, depression, anger, obsessiveness, or impulsiveness could be related to how specific structures work in your brain. Dr. Amen’s “brain prescriptions” will help you:
• To quell anxiety and panic: Use simple breathing techniques to immediately calm inner turmoil
• To fight depression: Learn how to kill ANTs (automatic negative thoughts) and use supplements targeted to your brain type
• To curb anger: Follow the Amen anti-anger diet and learn the nutrients that calm rage
• To boost memory: Learn the specific steps and habits to decrease your risk for Alzheimer’s disease that can help you today
• To conquer impulsiveness and learn to focus: Develop total focus with the One-Page Miracle
• To stop obsessive worrying: Follow the “get unstuck” writing exercise and learn other problem-solving exercises
You’re not stuck with the brain you’re born with.