Why have so many people tried and loved Joy Bauer's 90/10 Weight-Loss Plan? The answer is simple: it works! On the 90/10 plan, dieters follow a balanced diet of 90% nutritious foods and 10% "Fun" foods-whatever you want, whenever you want. Since you don't feel deprived of your favorite foods, The 90/10 Weight-Loss Plan is a program you can stay on successfully.
Now, Joy, one of New York's hottest nutritionists, reveals the secrets to creating meals that will help you lose weight and keep it off. Cooking with Joy delivers a 14-day menu plan and over 100 satisfying and delectable recipes. Forget about chalky diet shakes and bland frozen meals. Using Joy's healthy recipes plans, you and your family will enjoy dishes like Apple Cinnamon Crepes, Chicken and Cashew Lettuce Wraps, and Creamy Pumpkin Pie. Cooking with Joy is the perfect book for those looking to shop smart and create delicious and healthy at-home meals.
Only Cooking with Joy features:
- Over 100 recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert!
- A fourteen-day menu planner
- Nutritional information including variations to fit 1200, 1400, 1800, and 2000 calorie-a-day eating plans
- Joy's aisle-by-aisle guide to navigating the grocery store
- Kids in the Kitchen--a chapter devoted to kid-friendly meals and snacks, including Cheerios French Toast,
Pretty in Pink Soup, Banana Choc-Topus, Rainbow Chicken Nuggets, Frozen Pudding Lollipops, and more!
- Gourmet meals for parties--From Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa to Roasted Red Pepper Frittatas
- A 14-Day Menu Plan Joy's Top Ten Tips--How to get the most flavor from the foods you eat
- Joy's aisle-by-aisle guide to navigating the grocery store--where to stop and where to steer clear!
In 2001, Bauer's 90/10 Weight-Loss Plan told readers that they could shed pounds if they ate healthy food 90% of the time and"fun food" 10% of the time. About half of that book was devoted to actual recipes; this follow-up volume is almost all recipes. Appropriately, about 90% of the book is devoted to health-conscious dishes, which often call for skinless chicken breasts, fat-free sour cream, lots of vegetables and other low-cal foods. The menus are low in dietary cholesterol and saturated fat, and high in fiber, antioxidants and phytochemicals. Most recipes rely heavily on fresh ingredients and use only a few"reduced-fat" items. Among the winners are Shrimp with Garlic and Feta, Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Herb-Marinated Flank Steak. In the"Fun Food" section, Bauer presents desserts like Chocolate Chip Meringues and Strawberry-Topped Cheesecake as well as a few rich sides, such as Garlic Smashed Potatoes and Hot Artichoke Dip. Bauer believes that"learning to practice portion-controlled eating is the primary key to successful weight management," so all her recipes include carefully calculated serving sizes. Though many of these recipes are appealing, they'll be most appreciated by followers of the original 90/10 plan, since Bauer refers to it often and designs some menus around it, with intricate explanations of its various versions.