Do you love hand-dyed, handspun and fancy yarns and wonder how to incorporate them into your knitted creations?
Creative Knitting for All Seasons and Yarns will provide you with simple techniques and designs to enable you to experiment with these yarns to produce your own unique creations.
• You will discover ways of combining thick and thin yarns to reduce the bulkiness of the knitted fabric produced and create wraps which drape.
• You will learn the technique of color shading intarsia butterflies.
• You can choose a simple quick knit on large needles or something more complex for the advanced knitter incorporating short rows.
• Find ways to mix and match colors and textures.
• Spread your wings and release your creativity!
Sue Johnson has been designing hand-knits since her children were young in the 70’s. A love of color motivated Sue to design hand-knits incorporating hand-dyed and hand-spun yarns. Sue has presented creative knitting workshops at the Embroiderers’ Guild and Brighton Recreation Centre in Melbourne.
Sue has also developed and given presentations on the Art of Knitting. Sue originally studied and taught mathematics, then changed career to work as a registered nurse. Sue’s recent work has been in research at Monash University.
Sue hopes this book will inspire others to explore the possibilities of creating unique knitted items and enjoy the same pleasure she has experienced creating original hand-knits.
For information regarding Creative Knitting Workshops see Sue’s website www.butterflyknitdesigns.com.