As China's political and economic development comes under closer scrutiny, this Dictionary will prove invaluable to anyone with an interest in contemporary China. As well as proving valuable to students and academics of political science, economics, history and Asian studies, it will be of use to government officials, business people and media professionals with current or future connections in the region. The main topics covered by the Dictionary are:
* major political processes and events
* key issues in domestic policy
* China's evolving foreign policy environment
* key political personalities
* major political institutions and groupings
* important aspects of the legal system.