This book raises and answers the following questions:
1. When is it ok to stab someone in the face with a sword?
2. What is the one thing you find most useful about swordsmanship training outside the salle?
3. How important is history to you in your practise of swordsmanship?
4. Can a duel settle a matter of honour?
5. Can violence be beautiful?
6. To what extent is the practice of swordsmanship the cultivation of virtue?
7. Is the study of ethics necessary for martial artists?
The answers come from the author and his students from around the world; the important thing is to engage with the questions, not to have the "correct" answer.