Gifts from a Porcupine traces the struggles and successes resulting from the family’s adoption of a young child from Bogota, Columbia. Discovery of multiple disabilities seriously challenged the family --- particularly, the author as both parent and professional educator. The book, therefore, is divided into two perspectives: gifts of learning as a parent and gifts of learning as a professional. This lessons might benefit:
• Couple adopting children with special needs
• Parents and siblings of individuals with disabilities
• Educators and educational support staff
• Professionals aiding dysfunctional families
• Members of families with bipolar disorder
This Story gives promise to those seeking a positive outcome to a difficult journey.