Have you ever noticed how much calmer and more engaged your children are when they are outside in the natural world?
A growing body of evidence is pointing to the need for children to spend more time outside. Being outdoors has the potential to energise, entertain and educate our children, often with minimal input from adults.
Growing Up Wild is for anyone who wants to encourage their kids to spend more time outdoors. Combining the latest scientific research with a host of enjoyable activities, the authors show you how to access nature with your children. From making the most of local parks, woodlands, the beach, and your own back garden Growing Up Wild gives you easy ways to get out there, connect with nature, and have fun together.
Inspired by the increasingly popular forest school philosophy, and emphasising the benefits of starting early with your baby or toddler, Growing Up Wild tells you:
- The reasons why getting dirty makes you happier and healthier.
- Activities that make the most of wind, rain or snow
- Tips on hiking and foraging with your children
- How to run wild with kids - from parks to fells and beyond
- How to build an outdoor space in your back garden.
This book is a must have for parents who love nature and want to give their children the proven benefits of playing outdoors.