The revised edition of Harriet Roth's bestselling Fat Counter—now with updated material on trans fats, carbs, and sugar!
Americans have more food choices and more to watch out for than ever. Research suggests that trans-fat, carbohydrates, and sugar can be major diet-busters. It's key to cut down on dietary fat and saturated fat in particular, and watch food labels. In this third revised edition of her bestselling guide, Harriet Roth provides guidelines for identifying and eliminating the foods that will make you fat—without giving up the pleasure of delicious dining. It includes:
• New categories for trans fats, sugars, and carbs
• Helpful information for diabetics, plus glycemic index
• Updated fast food and restaurant section
• Weight-loss tips
• Expanded listings of frozen foods and new products
• Invaluable information on cholesterol, saturated fat, fat percentages, and sodium
• Personalized charts with formulas for figuring out your ideal fat and calorie intakes
• And more...
MORE THAN FIVE MILLION COPIES SOLD!