If you’re fascinated by the world of hobby trains and long to… create your own operating train track... collect trains and accessories to display in your home… or even just preserve a memory of an era that time has passed by ... then you’ve found the right book!
Are you looking for some relief from your busy lifestyle? A hobby that the entire family can enjoy? Or just a pleasant little diversion for you to reduce the stress of your job and life's obligations?
When you have a fulfilling pastime, you can... give yourself something to look forward to after a full day's work, find an alternative to bland television watching and newspaper reading, and avoid the sheer boredom of sitting at home with "nothing to do".
At least that's the way it's supposed to be!
Instead, do you feel that you are cruising through life without an opportunity to recharge your batteries?
You're in good company! Don't feel bad...almost everyone has felt this way at some point or another.
But you don't have to live with "the way things have always been".
Hobby trains, also known as model trains, have been discovered and rediscovered by so many others as an outlet for devoting one's energies outside of work.
Learning how to "truly relax" is one of the best gifts you could ever give yourself as a human being, and if you're willing to spend a little time in learning a few hobby train secrets...
...you can be enjoying the benefits that hobby train enthusiasts have possessed for years now... in far less time than you ever imagined!
By learning a few simple hobby train secrets, you will find yourself adopting a new way of living... and avoid burnout like so many times before.
This is the complete guide to hobby trains that will cut years off your learning curve. Here’s just some of what’s inside…
- A brief history of hobby trains: A thumbnail sketch of how hobby trains got started and why they have increased in popularity ever since
- How to get started with hobby trains including managing your hobby train budget, finding adequate space for your hobby trains, obtaining special skills, and the basic tools and supplies you will need
- Where to buy your supplies ...You will know about six different sources, including one local resource that most people never think about!
- How to find a great hobby shop based on your specific needs and goals
- Shortcuts for collecting antique toy trains including how to determine the value of your trains, learning the grading system, the story behind the official grading standards, and a few tips on repairing and refurbishing model trains
- The scoop on scales and gauges... many beginners struggle learning what they need to know about gauges and scales. Everything is explained for you so you won't share their confusion
- How to layout your track starting with the simple layouts and progressing to more advanced designs, plus some tips for designing your track with software and how to find layout help on the internet
- Guidance for using your creative juices to spice up your hobby train layout and practical advice that you can put to use right away!
- 11 tips for a great layout including one that will help you avoid a specific common beginner "faux paux"
- 5 common problems with hobby trains and how to prevent and fix them
- Plus much, MUCH MORE!
This just scratches the surface of what's in this book. It gives you everything you need to know about hobby trains, including how to clean your trains, some tips for storing trains, the most popular brands of hobby trains, how technological advances have enhanced the hobby train experience, even a history of how hobby trains came onto to the scene!...In short, it gives you everything you need to know.
So, what are you waiting for?... An exciting world of hobby trains awaits you today!