From the expert who promises to avoid winespeak comes an unfussy guide that focuses on American wines and on up-and-coming wineries from around the globe.
For novices and afficionados alike, Anthony Dias Blue's Pocket Guide to Wine 2006 will lead you to the best choices -- and values -- without pretense or hyperbole. With a special eye for American wines and those that are unheralded yet not to be missed, Blue makes the process of choosing wine in a store or restaurant simple. He provides:
• Extensive listings of wineries on six continents, from Mexico to South Africa, from Long Island to Israel, and even from China to India
• Outstanding and cult wineries -- and wineries to watch
• Profiles of each region that focus on key characteristics and varieties
• Ratings, succinct descriptions, and opinions about each producer
• Updated vintage reports
• Advice about what to drink now