This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to island's attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Essentials: French Phrasebook | Units Conversion | Eat | Nightlife | Sleep | Stay Safe | Driving Guide
2. General: Climate | Geography | Terrain | History | Culture | Music of Martinique
3. Maps: Attractions | Caribbean
4. Transport: Get in | Get around
5. Cities: Fort-de-France | Saint-Pierre | Les Trois-Îlets | Morne Rouge | Le François | Le Carbet | Sainte-Anne | Case Pilote | Le Marin | Le Diamant | Sainte-Marie | Trinité | Ajoupa-Bouillon | Macouba | Le Prêcheur
6. Attractions: Top 10 | A-Z | Museums | Botanical Gardens | Waterfalls | Hiking | Horseback Riding | Buy
7. Historic Battles: British expedition against Martinique (1762) | Battle of Martinique (1779) | Battle of Martinique (1780) | Battle of Fort Royal (1781) | Battle of Diamond Rock (1805)