Are you dealing with someone who makes you miserable? Does she cut people down or say something mean and then claim, “Just kidding?” Do you talk on eggshells because you never know what might set him off? Do you work with, for, or around someone who loves to stir up drama? Do you wish this person would just leave you alone?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re in the right place. This "tell-it-the-way-it-is" book teaches you exactly what to say and do when someone is mistreating you - at work, at home, online, at school or next door. It also shows why the well-intended “Be the change you wish to see” approach backfires with bullies.
Why? Bullies don’t care what’s fair. They don’t want to cooperate, they want to control. They don’t want a win-win, they want to win. The nicer you are to them, the meaner they’ll be to you.
The good news is, you can learn how to stand up and speak up for yourself and others, instead of feeling defenseless and powerless. In this book, you will discover what to do when the 5%ers (bullies, haters, trolls and toxics):
• Throw a tantrum and cause a scene to get their way
• Never admit fault and blame everyone else for what goes wrong
• Lie, cheat, make things up, break promises, play martyr
• Insist on being in control and attack anyone who challenges them
• Treat others - customers, employees, students, family members - cruelly
• Seem to get pleasure out of causing other people pain
Develop the courage, confidence and communication skills to hold bullies accountable so they no longer take advantage of your good nature, and no longer have the power to undermine the self-esteem, morale, performance, productivity and success of the people around them.