Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Pocket Madrid is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. View the marvellous frescoes at Plaza Mayor, see Picasso’s Guernica at the Reina Sofia and have a picnic in Parque del Buen Retiro – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Madrid and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Pocket Madrid:
• Full-colour maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Over 18 colour neighbourhood maps
• User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
• Covers Salamanca, Plaza Mayor, Royal Madrid, El Retiro, La Latina, Lavapiés, Malasaña, Chueca, Sol, Santa Ana, Huertas, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Pocket Madrid is our colourful, easy to use, handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance for those seeking the best sights and experiences on a short visit or weekend break.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and thoroughly covers all of Madrid’s neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet’s Madrid.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Spain guide for an in-depth look at all the country has to offer.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, and Anthony Ham.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favourite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017