America's 50 State Quarters® are handy time capsules of enjoyable history.
Essential ideas come alive in this visually engaging guided tour that spans the revolutionary era to modern space exploration. Colorful illustrations and concise text introduce inspiring lessons that are central to understanding the nation's development. Pivotal events, memorable people, and natural wonders are examined.
State Quarters are an ideal way to transfer knowledge because they tell real-world short stories that are easily remembered. Whose tie-breaking vote impacted adoption of the Declaration of Independence? What State Quarter is currently on a 3-billion-mile journey across the solar system? Why are some unusual Wisconsin State Quarters worth hundreds of dollars? The surprising answers are right on the money.
Students will have fun with this lively Multi-Touch learning experience. State Quarter collectors will find a wealth of insights into their collection. Award-winning author/designer Garrett Burke, concept designer of the California State Quarter, presents an insider's view of these cherished keepsakes.
I N C L U D E S
•State histories, facts, maps, dates, State Quarter series analysis, mintages.
•Large, enhanced images reveal all of the coin art details you've been missing - until now.
• Examines the coin mottos "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "E PLURIBUS UNUM."
• MULTI-PAGE PANORAMA deciphers the Braille reading code seen atop Alabama's State Quarter.
• MULTI-PAGE PANORAMA goes behind the scenes for the creation of California's State Quarter.
• Reveals Garrett's sketchbook, submissions and government selection, minting & coin launch event.
• VIDEOS of the California State Quarter launch ceremony and the author’s PBS television interview.
• Includes the District of Columbia & U.S. Territories Quarters.