Canada’s #1 bestselling retirement income book is now completely revised and updated. Vettese will show you how to mitigate risk and secure your financial future in these unpredictable times.
As COVID-19 rocks the economy in an unprecedented black swan event, retirees and those who are preparing to retire need answers to pressing questions about their financial futures. Originally published in 2018, the second edition of Retirement Income for Life, has been completely revised and updated, and now includes:
• New chapters on early retirement, retiring single, what to do when one spouse dies young, and more.
• Three strategies for mitigating your personal financial risk in the current downturn in equities and other investment products.
• Advice on how to plan for (and even benefit from) the coming bear market, resulting from COVID-19, which will create unprecedented equity buying opportunities, possibly as early as 2021.
• Information on the impact of unbearably low interest rates on annuities and fixed income investments and what to do if you hold them.
• The reasons retirees should be deferring CPP until age 70 and why the case for this is stronger than ever.
Author Frederick Vettese demystifies a complex and often frightening subject and provides practical, actionable advice based on five enhancements the reader can make to mitigate risk and secure their financial future. With over one thousand Canadians turning 65 every day, the cultivation of good decumulation practices — the way in which you draw down assets in retirement, ideally to have a secure income for the rest of your life — has become an urgent matter that no one can afford to ignore.