So you have been tasked with starting a PMO for your organization. Great, now what comes next?
In this book, “SMART PMO: A Startup Guide for Project Managers, Program Managers and Executives”, I will provide you with best practices to introducing a SMART PMO that will provide value to your organization.
By SMART, I mean PMOs that drive projects which are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. My focus in this book is on the PMO for the software development industry.
This Startup Guide for Project Managers, Program Managers and Executives will discuss topics including:
1) What is a PMO and why do you need one?
2) What standard project management practices are needed?
3) What Governance does the PMO provide?
4) Define what reporting and metrics are needed.
5) What are the latest tools available to the PMO?
6) Define what success looks once the PMO is established.