From USA Today bestselling author Kilby Blades, the smoking-hot book that started it all…
The rules are simple: unattached companionship, toe-curling sex and a clean break whenever it ends. And either one of us can say the single word that will break it off: Snapdragon.
Falling in love is a luxury people like us don’t have.
He’s at the top of his field and I’m at the top of mine.
It’s only a matter of time before ambition calls and one of us walks away.
But I can feel myself slipping, falling for him, every time he unchains me from my desk; every time he plots against my boss for making my life hell; with every tender touch in the dark of night.
I know I ought to be the one to say the word. I've already broken the rules. I know I ought to say it. But I can’t.
"Fresh, with a reveal toward the end that is surprising!"
- Publisher's Weekly Booklife Critical Review
"A no-strings arrangement of companionship and sex turns into true love in Kilby Blades’s highly original, genuinely unconventional, feminist and romantic debut. When Michael and Darby meet, the chemistry is palpable, but so is the mutual admiration and genuine respect."
- Book Riot The Best Books You've Never Heard Of (Summer 2020)
"Blades manages to ease feminism and equality into her novels, which is always a delight to see in a genre written and read by women."
- IndieReader Starred Review of The Art of Worship
Awards and Accolades for Snapdragon
• 2018 Publisher's Weekly BookLife Prize Semi-Finalist
• 2018 HOLT Medallion Award of Merit
• 2018 NECRWA Reader's Choice Award 1st Place Winner
• 2018 IPPY Award Bronze Medalist
• 2018 Foreword Indie Awards Honorable Mention
• 2018 Emma Award for Diversity in Romantic Literature Finalist
• 2018 Book Buyer's Best Contest 1st Place Winner
• 2017 National Reader's Choice Award 1st Place Winner