This volume discusses the sustainability of Egypt’s agriculture and the challenges involved. It provides a comprehensive review and the latest research findings, and covers a variety of topics under the following themes:
· Applicability of sustainable agriculture in Egypt
· Sustainable agriculture under water scarcity and polluted soil environments
· Improved crop productivity using a variety of tried and tested procedures
· Biotechnology application for agricultural sustainability and food security
· Potentiality of soil-sensing for a more sustainable agricultural environment
The volume closes with a summary of the key conclusions and recommendations from all chapters. Together with the companion volume Sustainability of Agricultural Environment in Egypt: Part II, it offers an essential source of information for postgraduate students, researchers, and stakeholders alike.