A recent study revealed that only 21 percent of workers feel engaged and truly committed to their company’s success and goals. They don’t know how their work connects to their company’s goals or understand how they can help achieve them. Leaders have failed to fully engage workers in the development and execution of their company’s mission and goals, and ultimately its journey toward success. Too often, employees are over-managed and under-led.
Jude Rake, a business leader with more than 35 years of experience leading high-performance teams, shows how servant leaders—those who serve employees by giving them what they need to fully engage and commit to achieving the company’s goals—use nine proven principles to succeed:
• Grow leaders and difference makers, not just followers.
• Build and orchestrate high-performance teams more powerful than the sum of their parts.
• Focus the organization on strategic priorities, simplify operations, and accelerate progress.
• Champion the people who purchase and use your products and services.
• Cultivate a performance-based culture of innovation.
• Communicate relentlessly.
• See the world through the eyes of others.
• Be the model you want emulated.
• Coach people to achieve more than they thought possible.
The Bridge to Growth details how to use these principles to elevate workforce engagement, collaboration, innovation, and accountability to build a bridge from strategy to exceptional execution and results.